Monday, November 1, 2010

The Day After...

When I was a kid, the most depressing day of the year was the day after Christmas.  Seeing the Christmas tree with no presents, knowing I'd have to wait a whole year before it came around again, realizing my vacation from school was rapidly coming to an end...God, it was awful.  As an adult, I experience a similar feeling the day after Halloween.  The grave markers with the skeletons in my front yard suddenly seem inappropriate, empty bags of "Fun-Sized" candy bars litter my house, I have to go back to work...and knowing I have to wait a whole year before this most wonderful time comes 'round again. 

I take solace in the fact that while it may be All Saints Day and everyone else will now be looking forward to some other, less enjoyable holidays, I will continue to watch and review horror films.  And my house will still be haunted.  There is that.  It's interesting that there was no activity whatsoever yesterday.  I have heard that of other haunted places, that the spirits will inexplicably remain silent on the day when the barrier between the living world and the dead is at its weakest.  No matter.  Whatever is sharing my house with me will have plenty of occasions to make its presence known.  I'm not going anywhere. 

So the media show is over, my decorations will be coming down, and life must go on.  Thanks to everyone who showed an interest in my story and may have visited this blog.  My next post will be a review of the movie, Night of the Demons, unless my house decides it's time to freak me out again.  Then I'll obviously be sharing that instead.  Also coming up will be a review of a new TV show on AMC called The Walking Dead.  Yes!  Finally, a series about zombies.  And something to look forward to instead of Ralphie and his freaking BB gun...

No comments:

Post a Comment