Saturday, February 11, 2012

Haunted House Update

I keep thinking I'll get off my butt and actually write something connected to what this blog was originally created for...my haunted house.  So here I am.  Off my butt.  And writing.  I wish I could tell you I've been scared poopless by full body apparitions or tremble with fright under the covers every night while sleep eludes me.  I wish I could, but can't.  Of course, that's not to say interesting things haven't been happening.

Lately, the feeling that I'm not alone and occasionally being watched is occurring more often.  Last night especially.  I keep looking to my right, into the dark dining room and then over my right shoulder into the dark hallway, expecting...what?  I don't know.  I'm just glad I don't see anything.  I do, however, hear plenty. 

It started up a few nights ago in my bedroom.  Remember a few months back when I talked about a scratching/tapping sound coming from the corner of the room?  Well, it's back.  Now, however, it migrates.  First it will seem to come from behind the wall to my right, then from the slanted ceiling above me, then from the left.  It doesn't frighten me (anymore) and is mostly just annoying.  If I'm honest, I still sleep with the bedside lamp on.  Can't seem to shake that not-so-subtle safety blanket. 

Oh, yeah.  One thing that happened last weekend did get my attention.  Sitting in the living room, minding my own business as usual, when, from the hallway behind me came a rather loud sound.  It spooked me, yet at the same time, I knew exactly what it was and didn't bother getting up.  The hallway has a linen cupboard (for towels and such).  The sound was that of the cupboard door popping open.  On its own.  Never happened before, and I didn't know what to think about it.  Could a change in air pressure in the house do it?  Sure.  Although...one would think that in nearly three years of living here, it would have happened at least once before.  It hasn't. 

So make what you will out of these little incidents.  I'll keep bringing 'em.  You keep...making what you will.  (You know what I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment