Monday, April 26, 2010

Maybe the children should leave the room...

Lord knows why, but I watch Headline News when I wake up. Invariably, I leave for work not well informed, but terribly annoyed. I could spend weeks going on about why it's annoying, and I probably will. But today, Chuck Roberts gravely informed me that if I have a child, I should have him leave the room so that he (Chuck) could show me some disturbing images. So I should scoot my 5 year-old into the kitchen to play with the chemicals under the sink and try out the fridge as an option for a future game of hide-and-seek so I can watch an idiot matador get himself gored? That's something I'd want my child to see. Stupidity has consequences. I don't want my kid to be the one who says, "Hey, what's that scary looking animal? Here, I'll poke it with a stick." Let's leave that to the matadors.

No comments:

Post a Comment