Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Horror Film Review


Vampire Killers (2009): This was a very welcome surprise. It does for vampires what Shaun of the Dead did for zombies. And I don't make that comparison lightly as Shaun is one of my favorite movies. Both are British so it's the same brand of humor (my favorite kind). Actually, I'd rank Vampire Killers up there along Zombieland based on the fact that I laughed so hard I almost peed. The premise? It's your basic story of two underachieving friends who go on a hiking holiday and wind up doing battle with a bunch of, um, lesbian vampires. I know...you're asking yourself, "Well, what about the gay werewolves?" Oddly enough (or maybe not), the movie does answer this question. Sort of. Anyway, the production values of Killers aren't on par with Shaun nor is the acting quite as slick, but this film has a fly-by-the-seat-of-its-pants quality that sucks you in from frame one and you can't help but enjoy the crazy ride. Look for the shower scene. You'll know what I mean when you see it. It's a hoot. The whole thing is a marvelous, gut-busting hoot. I can't recommend it enough.

Rating:  4 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, as a matter of fact, they do. You've been holding out! Bring on the tale.

    ReplyDelete