Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Going bump in the night...

I don't know what the hell it was, but for the first time in a long time, I was scared.  It was a normal sort of night.  I went up to bed (left the light on, of course) and closed my eyes.  Then...from the walk-in closet in the next room, the same closet my son refused to enter and one of the paranormal investigators found super creepy, came a rather loud thump.  As if someone was in there moving boxes around...or maybe opening the little door that leads to the attic crawl space.  Did I get out of bed and check it out?  Nope.  Soon after that, many creaks and scratchy sounds came from all over my bedroom.  And no, there aren't squirrels frolicking about in the walls, nor are there mice or any other critter. 

Following the noises that I couldn't explain came the sensation of being watched.  It felt as if someone was standing in my room.  I did go so far as to open my eyes and look around.  Nobody was there, of course.  The strange bit came next when unbidden images conjured from Lord knows where popped into my head, like someone changed the channel in my brain.  Those nearly sent me over the edge.  I won't say what they were.  Just scary stuff.  Anyway, I pushed them away and finally fell asleep without further incident.

Could a teetering box of Christmas decorations have finally tipped over?  Or could I have dreamt it?  Sure, but I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment