Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Where would the world of horror be without mothers?  It's not as silly a question as you might think.  What's the granddaddy of all horror movies?  Psycho, of course, and Norman had some serious mommy issues.  Then there's what many consider to be the greatest slasher film of all time, Friday the 13th, and as you know, Jason wasn't stalking and killing kids on Crystal Lake, his mom was.  Lest we forget, movie titles, and the greatest title that includes a reference to a mom?  I Dismember Mama.

My mom reads this blog, bless her.  Does she like horror movies?  Not really.  She does, however, like reading my posts about them.  And she also has an interest in my haunted house.  When the weather was crappy and she spent the night, she stayed in my son's old room.  The spooky room.  So what did she experience?  Just a good night's sleep.  And wouldn't you know it, she was disappointed.  I should explain...she lives out in the middle of nowhere in a farmhouse where someone died.  Could you do that?  I couldn't.  I mean, I grew up there, but at the time, I lived there with three older brothers as well as Mom and Dad.  We always said there was a ghost.  There were noises, footsteps.  We called him George.  Why?  I don't know.  The person who died there, my great uncle, was not named George.  And people have seen a full body apparition in that farmhouse...just not members of my family and not anyone who is not named David.  Weird, right?

So it's Mother's Day and I'd like to dedicate my blog to my mom.  She's pretty cool. 

Love you, Ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment