Monday, July 18, 2011

Haunted House News

This is a little out there so stay with me.  I've previously blogged about the haunted farmhouse I grew up in, and how the spirit there only shows itself to non-family members (usually those named David).  So we had a family reunion recently.  My sister-in-law revealed that when visiting a number of years ago, she also had seen this spirit in the farmhouse in the middle of the night, and her description matched that of all the others.  None of us in the family has been able to figure out who the spirit is, though.  Anyway, while visiting my house, I showed her a really old family photo with my great-grandpa, great-grandma, and their mess of kids (including, obviously, my grandpa when he was like 12).  I was showing her this because like the others, she described the spirit as having a beard, and out of everyone in our family who's dead, only my great-grandpa had a beard.  She looked, pointed at it, and backed away, saying, "That's him.  That's who I saw."  Now we know.  The creep factor skyrockets when you realize my great-grandpa looked like Charles Manson.

Being in my haunted house for the first time, my sister-in-law got a case of the heebie-jeebies in my kitchen.  No logical reason for it.  I mean, it was broad daylight.  I then showed everyone my son's old room and explained the window, hand print, etc.  I suggested she snap a photo with her camera for the heck of it, thinking something might show up.  Guess what?  In the first pic she took, she captured an orb.  I took one with my camera at the same time and got nothing.  (No, it's not dust, a bug, or a reflection.) 

So all in all, pretty cool stuff.  We got some answers and a bit of new evidence.  Unfortunately, we also freaked out my sister-in-law.  And I wonder why I don't get more visitors...

No comments:

Post a Comment