Friday, October 29, 2010

Haunted House Update...

Some of you might have just watched the story about my house on the KELOLand news.  They did an excellent job editing out my babbling.  At any rate, I did mention in a previous post that there had been recent activity and I would share. 

Two days ago, I'd left for work around 2:30pm.  My partner was asleep in the family room in the basement.  Now, usually before I leave I go down and say goodbye.  And mess up his hair.  It's just a thing I do.  Anyway, it seems that after I'd been gone for over an hour, he felt me mess up his hair again.  He couldn't figure out why I was back home so soon.  When fully awake, he realized it wasn't me.  And there was no one else in the house.

When I got home after midnight, the first thing he said to me was, "That spirit came downstairs today."  It's weird that it's gotten to the point where something like that fails to freak you out.  The best way I can explain it is that it's like living next to the railroad tracks...after a while, you don't even notice the train going by. 

I'm not sure what's going to be in store for us on Halloween.  If things start getting crazy, you'll be the first to know.  Well, the second.  I'll probably call my mom first. 

And I spent the afternoon down at the county administration building digging through their books.  I'm happy to announce I now know the names of everyone who has ever owned this house.  Now the real digging begins.

8 comments:

  1. This is so cool you have a haunted house! I live in Brandon, not too far away. Do you let people just hang out in the house for an hour to see if anything happens? Is your house the one that police were called to last year with stuff floating around and the phone dialing 911 repeatedly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have spirits in my house in central SF and it has been absolutely horrible. We have tried to trace the history of the home as well because it seems they want me to find something...almost as if something bad happened at this house. There are many different spirits that make themselves known...some good and others very angry. If you have any advice, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Thanks for your comments. Christine: No, wasn't me with the 911 thing. I even had a guy offer me money to spend the night here, but no, I'm not giving tours. Sorry. Rachel: You'll be able to find the names of all the previous homeowners at the Register of Deeds (and it's free). As far as advice...depends on how you'd like to approach it. If you want to go the spiritual route, contact my friend Chelsea. She's a psychic/medium and awesome. Call her at 521-1687. She can help. Otherwise, if you want a paranormal investigation, then contact Terry or Travis from SPCTR. Their website is www.spctr.net. They are awesome as well. If a spirit is really bothering you, the best thing to do is get your family together and tell it that's it's not welcome in your home and that it must leave (Chelsea can really help with this). Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would call Donna O'Dea the psychic here in Sioux Falls, if you want to really know what and who is there spiritually in that house.

    The powers that are possibly there are nothing to fool with, as to what it may have or can draw there with it. You have apparently no idea of those powers and what they are. Your messing with even putting all these references here on this blog to even the Exorcist, shows you clearly have no idea of what you may be potentially dealing with. Believe me I know as I lived in a very haunted house for 18 months. There is always a spirit, that in its physical death has not let go of something in its earthly presents that it had going on. That or an unexpected or violent death. The powers of evil are nothing to fool with; play with, or encourage. The potential for there to be drawn into that picure even other actually demonic spirits, is often very real. You need to quit promoting this in the manner that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The haunted house scheme was cute but I lived there, buddy. And I hardly doubt that hand print was from a ghost. I had 2 younger little sisters that would do crap like that to the walls. The window never opened by itself. I lived there long enough to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact is that haunted houses if the situation is real, can sometimes have and show no activity at all when certain people live there, yet the activity resumes when new people move in. No explanation as to why; perhaps some people are just more open to it, and that is the result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give us the address and if allowed to go there, I can do a walk through and know if anything is actually there; it is a sense you develop based on experience. Certain and specific things usually are evident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I met Chelsea, the psychic/medium, at Nathan's home. and I must say that she is the REAL deal. She talked to me about family members who have passed, giving details about them and my relationships with them that were right on target and too specific to simply be good guesses on her part. I can also attest to the fact that there is something going on in Nathan's home. What that "something" is, I cannot say. Happy Halloween, all!

    ReplyDelete