Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Haunted House Update...

The window in the spare bedroom opened itself again the other day.  It got me to thinking what many nay-sayers think, that there is a perfectly logical explanation for it.  So after I closed it, I pounded on sill and the frame in order to vibrate it enough to make it pop up because if it's under tension, then that action should force it up.  It didn't.  When it's closed, it's closed tight. 

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle said through his most famous creation, Sherlock Holmes, that once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.  Is it improbable that a spirit  keeps opening the window?  You bet.  Is it impossible?  Of course not.  Personally, I think the spirit is simply playing.   As children tend to do. 

I previously mentioned that I discovered the names of all of the owners of this house going back to when it was built in 1941.  I recently reached out to one of them and asked if they have any information regarding the house's past or if they ever experienced activity.  This is not the same person who placed a comment on a prior post (funnily enough, that person hasn't commented further).  Anyway, I'll let you know if I learn anything of interest. 

I promise I'll get to that review of AMC's new series The Walking Dead next time.  Did I mention it's a TV series about the zombie apocalypse?  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment