Saturday, January 1, 2011

Movie Review...sort of

Ok.  I tried again with Demons At the Door.  I sent the cracked DVD back to Netflix and requested another.  When it came, I opened the envelope and discovered they sent the exact same damaged disc.  At that point, I decided I wasn't meant to see this particular horror film.  Sure, the poster's cool and it's got that whole Satan thing going for it, but I'm afraid that now my expectations aren't low enough to see it.  There's no way it won't disappoint.

I did watch some movies this weekend although none was of the horror variety.  I saw Knight and Day and The A-Team.  I know, I know.  Settle down.  I'm a child of the 80s and for a teenage boy, nothing was better than The A-Team.  As for the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz flick...it looked funny and I like funny.  I toyed with the idea of doing full reviews of both, but...nah.  Everyone else does reviews of the big Hollywood films.

I will say The A-Team was a heck of a lot of fun.  Crazy, Rube Goldberg action, impressive special effects, and a lot of humor.  Not to mention one of the Team from the TV show makes a cameo.  That was cool.  As for Knight and Day...well, it tried really hard to be like True Lies but didn't quite get there.  It had it's moments but was kind of all over the place.  Tom and Cameron worked well together and there was decent humor, but the story took a backseat and the movie as a whole suffered for it.  Just my opinion, of course. 

I'll do my best to get a horror movie watched soon.  I need to.  I think I'm going through withdrawals...

No comments:

Post a Comment