Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Haunted House Update

I suppose it was only a matter of time.  Many weeks ago, when the weather really started getting cold, I wedged a screw tightly into the frame of the window that kept opening on its own.  That took care of it.  Until a few days ago.  I'd gone into the room for reasons I no longer remember only to find the screw laying on top of frame and the window open.  My son isn't living here anymore and my partner didn't know a thing about it.  So I closed it but didn't wedge the screw back in.  That night in my room, I'd just nodded off but was rudely awakened by a noise I've never heard before.  It came from the corner and sounded like a massive animal clawing on the wall.  I mean massive like a grizzly bear or lion.  Noises come from that corner occasionally but nothing like this.  Is is connected to the window?  Dunno.  What cold have possibly made the sound?  Don't want to think about it too hard. 

There's also been quite a bit of creaking floors and feelings of another presence.  And I checked a few minutes ago and the window was open again.  Not a good thing when the temperature outside is 4.  So why the sudden upturn in activity?  I haven't the foggiest.  We could be off to the races here again...

No comments:

Post a Comment