Monday, March 21, 2011

Haunted House Update

I should be providing more timely updates regarding the paranormal activity in my house.  It's not like there hasn't been activity.  I think I've just gotten too used to the thumps, thuds, and creaks.  I even stopped closing the bedroom window that keeps opening of its own accord.  Complacency does not make for interesting blog entries.  Maybe I should jump online after each inexplicable noise and play it up as if it was the most terrifying thing I'd ever heard.  That would certainly be wise from a marketing standpoint.  The problem is that it just simply wouldn't be true.

There are a couple of things that happened lately that are what I would call beyond the norm.  Next to my front door is a slot for the mail.  When the mail carrier pushes the mail through, it drops into a box in the coat closet.  This action makes a unique sound.  It's unmistakable.  So I'm sitting in the living room one day and hear the mail come.  I thought it odd given the time of day.  That and I didn't see the little mail truck drive by.  I checked.  No mail.  Hmm.  I chalked it up to house settling.  Then a few days later, both my partner and I were in the living room when it happened again.  He thought the mail had come, but it was way too early.  I looked.  No mail. 

The second thing happened to my partner.  He'd been sitting at the computer at the dining room table when he felt cold fingers lightly scrape along the back of his hand and arm.  It didn't freak him out as it would have me, I think. 

So stuff still happens here.  I plan on getting a web-cam set up in hopes of catching the rogue window opening.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment