Sunday, October 30, 2011

Haunted House Update - Halloween Edition

So Halloween's tomorrow.  Got a ton of candy, and my yard and front porch look like something out of a horror movie.  Romero's original Night of the Living Dead  was on TV last night as was a new documentary on zombies.  And a new episode of The Walking Dead is on AMC tonight.  Good stuff.  Wind is stirring the fallen, dessicated leaves so that they sound like the scratchings of some terrible stalking beast.  And my haunted house?  Well...

My mom, sister-in-law, and 9 year-old nephew stopped by for a visit yesterday.  We were in the living room talking.  After a while, my nephew went out to the porch (where  I have a super creepy, evil clown standing ready to greet trick-or-treaters).  I followed him out and he told me that while sitting on the couch, he kept looking over his left shoulder, feeling as if he was being watched.  It was interesting that he was more comfortable with the clown than the inside of my house.  He wasn't scared, really.  More...uneasy.  Then later that night...

I went to bed very late.  Turned off the light and knew I'd be asleep quickly.  Er, no.  What happened was I felt overwhelmed with feelings of dread.  You hear people say that all the time, but what's it like?  Think of it this way:  it's the feeling you get when you lean back in a chair, almost tip over, but don't combined with the feeling you get when you suddenly realize that a recently deceased loved one is never coming home.  It was as if I was drowning in sorrow and anxiety.  Needless to say, I didn't care for it very much.  So I reached out and switched on the bedside lamp.  The sensation immediately vanished.  Yep.  I don't know either. 

I don't have horror film review ready for you simply because I haven't seen one lately.  Well...The SyFy Channel had their original movie Zombie Apocalypse on last night and I did my best to watch, I really did, but fell asleep more than once.  Does that mean it was bad?  No.  It means it was boring as hell. 

Anyway, I wish you a safe and happy Halloween.  Just remember these three things and you'll be fine:  never play with a ouija board, never spent the night in a remote cabin in the woods with a group of friends, and most importantly, never, ever hand out tooth brushes to trick-or-treaters.  You're taking your life into your own hands doing that...

No comments:

Post a Comment