Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Haunted House Update

So I was sitting in my chair in the living room, as I am wont to do, when right next to me, mere inches away, the floor creaked.  Like it does when someone takes a step.  Now, I've lived in this house for over two years and that had never happened before.  It did give me a momentary case of the creeps, I'll admit.  Additionally, unexplained thumps have been on the rise lately.  Could the house be settling because the weather's turning cold?  You bet.  Is it likely?  Nope.  And then there were the times in the past few weeks my partner thought other people were in the house when he was in fact alone.  One last thing...I went downstairs to the family room (the domain of our two rabbits) and noticed one of them staring up at something where nothing was.  That was intensely weird. 

This does seem to be the pattern.  Oddly quiet around Halloween and then increased activity as we move closer to Christmas.  We'll see what happens this year.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment