Saturday, October 27, 2012

Haunted House Update

Weird doings.  It's never what you expect, is it?  So, what now?  Well, over the past few weeks, I'd occasionally catch movement out of the corner of my eye.  I made nothing out of it.  Figured it was eye floaters or cataracts or something equally mundane.  That is until I mentioned it to my partner.  He said, "Oh, yeah.  Sometimes the thing moving is black, sometimes white.  But if you speak to it, and continue to not look directly at it, the thing will slow down and even stop...as if it's listening to you."  Jarring how matter-of-fact he was about it.  I haven't had the opportunity to try his suggestion.  What gives me a slight case of the creeps is that some of these moving things are white and some are black.  What do you suppose the different colors mean?  Yeah, I know.  White=good.  Black=evil.  Maybe.  Then again, maybe I'll soon be able to communicate directly with whatever it is and find out for sure.  You'll be the first to know.  OK...third.  Hey, gotta tell my mom.

One other thing that was flat out odd...My toaster is one of those cheap, white two-slotters that sits on my kitchen counter top.  Unless I'm going to use it, it sits pushed back against the wall, unplugged.  Woke up the other morning, came downstairs, stumbled groggily into the kitchen and noticed the toaster was pulled out and plugged in, ready to singe some bread.  Not a big deal.  My partner must have been jonesing for toast.  Er, not exactly.  Later, I mentioned his breakfast in passing.  He looked at me like I was off my rocker.  See, he hadn't made any toast.  He hadn't pulled it out and plugged it in.  Hmm.

It's becoming obvious this year isn't shaping up like last year when all activity around Halloween dropped off to nothing.  And there's still a few days to go.  Wonder what might be next...

No comments:

Post a Comment