Saturday, March 24, 2018

Haunted House Update

Spring is a time of rebirth and renewal.  This age-old line of crap apparently applies to ghosts as well seeing how the activity in my house has ramped up dramatically.  In no particular chronological order:

Getting ready for bed one night, a paperback flew off the bookshelf and landed in the middle of the room.  No, it wasn't a Stephen King novel.

A large portrait of my grandfather in his WWI uniform keeps falling off the wall when it's physically impossible for it to do so.  One time, I happened to be in room to witness it.  I was...surprised.

I recently woke up with inexplicable scratches on my neck.  My boyfriend had a long scratch on his knee that appeared to be from a branding iron.  Oddly, there was no pain for either of us.

There has been what sounds like someone pounding on the front door when no one is even remotely near the front door. 

While in the house alone, my boyfriend heard someone or something say, "Shh!" in his ear.

Lying in bed, I've heard footsteps coming from the next room as well as mumbling voices.

And we consistently hear creaks and knocks and taps that could be anything from the house settling to the ductwork expanding/contracting.  Or they could be from entities starving for attention. 

That's it for now.  I'll post updates if and when we experience additional activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment