Friday, May 7, 2010

Haunted house update...

So I was sitting in my living room Sunday night working on the computer. Some ridiculous show was playing on the TV in the background. I think it was about how Nostradamus predicted ancient aliens would crash an asteroid into the Earth in 2012. Or it might have been an episode of Three's Company. Anyway, I'm sitting there, just one lamp on so it's fairly gloomy, David's fast asleep, and then...
A vase sitting on the lower shelf of a small table in the dining room suddenly toppled to the floor. It make a hell of a racket and scared the absolute living crap out of me. I'd never before experienced that sensation of "all hairs standing on end" or the "paralyzed with fear" thing. I don't recommend it. Of course, I'm sitting there, frozen, staring at the vase laying on the floor and my mind starts flying. Ok...no windows were open and the central air wasn't on so an errant breeze didn't knock it down. No one was walking around so a shift in the floor couldn't have done it. I ruled out earthquake, just 'cuz. After a few minutes, when it became apparent demons weren't going to materialize out of the walls and eat my brain, I settled down and said, out loud, "Stop messing around or I'm getting the salt." I learned from watching the TV show "Supernatural" that ghosts don't like salt. Nothing more happened after that. Until last night. David was on his computer. I was dozing in my chair. After taking a shower, he went back to his computer...and asked me if I'd turned it off. I hadn't moved from my chair. And where is this computer? On the dining room table right next to the other table the vase was on. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment