Friday, June 25, 2010

Haunted House update...

I'm not sure if I believe in omens. But something happened the other day that gave me pause. I had parked my car on the street and went out to put it back in the driveway. When I reached the driver's side door, I saw a dead sparrow lying right in front of it. It looked like it was sleeping, to tell you the truth. I stared at it for a few seconds and tried like mad not to read anything into it. Somewhere in the back of my head a memory regarding dead sparrows stirred. It might have been in a Bible passage or a horror movie. I can't remember. Maybe it would be more accurate to say I don't want to believe in omens.

As far as the house itself...there has been something. Lately when I go to bed, I swear I hear muffled conversation. You know the kind I mean. Like folks in another room talking but you can't make out the words. Everyone else in the house is asleep and there's no TV or radio on. I'm not sure what it is. Given the prior activity in the house, odds are it's probably not nothing. Time, as they say, will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment