Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Horror...

Now this is a first.  I was just about to write a little blurb about how horror themes and Christmas relate to one another when I heard...something.  Like seconds ago.  This house has been quiet for quite a while, since just before Thanksgiving, so I've gotten used to the peace.  What did I hear?  A thump or a muffled thud.  It came from the same area of the dining room where a vase went a-tumbling a few months ago.  I'm the only one here and I checked outside to see if maybe someone kicked the side of the house.  No one.  The sound was too close to be a neighbor's slamming car door.  And it didn't come from downstairs or upstairs.  Freaked me out a little.  If it was the middle of the night instead of the middle of the afternoon, I may have peed myself.  I've totally forgotten what I was going to write about now.  I'll get my thoughts together and try again later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment